Posted April 30, 2021
- Women’s nutritional empowerment is a concept introduced as a method to capture underlining structural factors determining poor nutrition and health of women.
- The determinants of women’s nutritional disempowerment are context specific and require detailed analysis to identify the main barriers to improved nutrition.
- Both women’s empowerment and nutrition are extremely complex issues, and have multi-sector determinants therefore a multi-sector approach to address them both simultaneously is needed.
- There are opportunities to use new approaches to identify the main barriers to ensure appropriate future planning on women and nutrition.
- The potential negative outcome of overburdening women with increased workload should always be considered and closely monitored.
- Social behavioural change of relationships within families and communities can off-set the over-burdening of women.